Marija DRAŠKIĆ (f) is a full professor of Family Law at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Law (from 2000 onwards). She teaches and publishes mainly in the field of Family Law, Medical Law and Children’s Rights. She published 8 books and over 90 articles, and participated in more than 10 national and international projects. Among others, she received a Tempus mobility grant for development of academic activities at the European University Institute in Florence as a host institution (May – July 1992). She was also a Jean Monnet Fellow at the European University Institute in Florence (August 1993 – December 1994). She participated in the Tempus project IB JEP 15054-2000 (Towards a Model for a European Judge) and in the Tempus project 16061-2001 (A European Space of Justice), a part of which was her giving lectures to Serbian and Montenegrin judges on Mediation in Family Matters. She was a justice of the Constitutional Court of Serbia from 2007 to 2016, and the Deputy President of the Constitutional Court of Serbia from 2011 to 2014. She was also a member of the Council of Europe Committee of experts on family law/ CJ–FA/ from 2003 to 2006, and a member of the Council for Child Rights of the Republic of Serbia from 2002 to 2007. She is also a member of the International Society of Family Law (ISFL).
Publications related to the domain of the project:
- A New Legal Provision of the Law on Civil Status Register: Acknowledgment Status for Transgender Persons? , in the book “Legal Capacities of Serbia for European Integration”, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, 2007, pp. 53-77 (in Serbian);
- Family Law Protection from Domestic Violence: Serbian Response to the Legal Consequences of the Disintegration of Families, in the book „Spomenica Valtazara Bogišića“, Službeni glasnik – Institut za uporedno pravo – Pravni fakultet Univerziteta u Nišu (ed. L. Breneselović, V. Čolović, J. Ćirić, P. Dimitrijević i J. Trkulja), Beograd, 2011, pp. 227-232 (in English);
- Financing the Romance: Marriage Contract in the Serbian Family Act, in the book „Family Finances“, Jan Sramek Verlag, (Bea Verschraegen ed.), Vienna, 2009, pp. 381-393 (in English);
- Transsexual Persons: Right to Marry in the Countries of Former Yugoslavia, in the book „Marriage and Quasi-Marital Relationships in Central and Eastern Europe“ (Edited by Lynn D. Wardle and A. Scott Loveless), BYU Academic Publishing, Provo, USA, 2008, pp. 251-264 (in English);
- Yugoslavia: The Medico-Legal Issue of Transsexuality, California Western International Law Journal, (Editor-in-Chief Scott R. White), Fall 2000, Vol 31, No. 1, pp. 115-125 (in English);
- Evolution in the Jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights Concerning Transsexual Persons: Evolution in Serbia Too, in the book “Prospects for the implementation of European standards in the legal system of Serbia, (Ed. S. Lilic), Pravni fakultet Univerziteta u Beogradu, Beograd, 2012, pp. 57-76 (in Serbian);
- Rights of Transsexual Persons in Serbia: The First decision of the Constitutional Court of Serbia, Fondacija Centar za javno pravo, Sarajevo, 10/2012, pp. 40-49 (in Serbian).